SMART™ HAIR LOSS TREATMENTS
The most common type of hair loss is a condition called androgenetic alopecia. This type of hair loss can affect both men and women. Other terms for androgenetic alopecia include "male pattern balding" and "female pattern hair loss." For many people, losing their hair is a frustrating experience. Fortunately, treatments are available at Glojas that can help to regrow hair or prevent further hair loss.
Topic 1 : Causes of Hair Loss
People typically lose about 100 hairs a day. This usually doesn't cause noticeable thinning of scalp hair because new hair is growing in at the same time. Hair loss occurs when this cycle of hair growth and shedding is disrupted or when the hair follicle is destroyed and replaced with scar tissue.
Hair loss is typically related to one or more of the following factors:
- Family history (heredity). The most common cause of hair loss is a hereditary condition called male-pattern baldness or female-pattern baldness. It usually occurs gradually with aging and in predictable patterns — a receding hairline and bald spots in men and thinning hair in women.
- Hormonal changes and medical conditions. A variety of conditions can cause permanent or temporary hair loss, including hormonal changes due to pregnancy, childbirth, menopause and thyroid problems. Medical conditions include alopecia areata which causes patchy hair loss, scalp infections such as ringworm and a hair-pulling disorder called trichotillomania.
- Medications and supplements. Hair loss can be a side effect of certain drugs, such as those used for cancer, arthritis, depression, heart problems, gout and high blood pressure.
- Radiation therapy to the head. The hair may not grow back the same as it was before.
- A very stressful event. Many people experience a general thinning of hair several months after a physical or emotional shock. This type of hair loss is temporary.
- Certain hairstyles and treatments. Excessive hairstyling or hairstyles that pull your hair tight, such as pigtails or cornrows, can cause a type of hair loss called traction alopecia. Hot oil hair treatments and permanents can cause inflammation of hair follicles that leads to hair loss.
Topic 3 : Hair Loss Treatments Available at Glojas
At Glojas, in ensuring the best solution to your hair loss, a face to face consultation is highly recommended. Please refer to the below for types of hair loss treatment;
- Hair Regrowth medications with supplements.
- SMART™ Hair Rejuvenation treatments
- SMART™ PRP Therapy
- Hair Regrowth Injections
- Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT)
- Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP)
- Hair Transplants (SMART™ FUE & SMART™ FUT)
Topic 4 : Why Choose Us?
Our specialized doctor is the sole practitioner in Malaysia who is the first certified Diplomate by the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS), which means you will get the satisfactory treatment by the best. At Glojas “We Bring Out The Best In You!”