MINI TUMMY TUCK
Mini tummy tuck surgery is a popular body contouring procedure that can benefit both men and women. A mini-tummy tuck is a surgical procedure done under local anaesthesia to remove excess skin and fatty tissue in the abdominal region. However, unlike a full tummy tuck or abdominoplasty, a mini-tummy tuck will only address the lower portion of the abdomen, below the belly button.
Topic 1: Who is the Candidate for a Mini Tummy Tuck?
A good candidate for a mini tummy tuck has loose, sagging skin primarily below the belly button. A mini tummy tuck can be performed no matter how much fat you have. Generally, you are a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck procedure if:
- You are physically healthy and at a stable weight.
- You have realistic expectations.
- You are bothered by the appearance of your abdomen.
Topic 2: Mini Tummy Tuck Consultation
- During your mini-tummy tuck consultation, the surgeon will listen to what, exactly, it is that bothers you about your body contour.
- Next, he will perform a full physical exam to evaluate the degree of skin laxity, where this loose skin is located and whether or not you also have some underlying lax muscle.
- Then, together, you will come up with the treatment plan that best suits your goals and lifestyle.
Topic 3: Mini Tummy Tuck Procedure
- A mini-tummy tuck can be performed under local anaesthesia.
- During your abdominal procedure, the surgeon will place a small, horizontal incision in your pubic area. It’s typically located right above the pubic hair line where it can easily be hidden by your swimsuit or undergarments.
- Then, the surgeon will pull down and remove the excess skin and fatty tissue in the lower region of the abdomen. Since we take a 360° approach with all of his body contouring patients, liposuction will often be combined with a mini-tummy tuck in order to re-shape and remove further fats in the abdominal and flanks region.
Topic 4: The Recovery
Since a mini tummy tuck is less invasive than a traditional abdominoplasty, you are not required to stay over night as it is a day care procedure.
- Bruising and swelling on the abdominal area
- Discomfort tight feeling on the incision area for a week to two weeks.
- To wear a compression garment after the procedure for at least two to four weeks post procedure.
- No high intense exercises to be performed during the first two to four weeks of recovery.
Topic 5: Why choose us?
Most importantly, because you should ONLY do surgery with an expert surgeon who is certified by the National Specialist Register (NSR). At GLOJAS, our surgeon is an expert and committed to deliver the best result to our patients in order for them to enhance their beauty and gain confidence.