Fat transfer is a relatively new technique that is growing in popularity each year, due to the beautiful, natural results it produces, and the multiple benefits the procedure offers. People who are dissatisfied with the volume and contour of the buttocks, face, hips, breasts, or abdomen can have their own fat transferred to these areas, improving the appearance of both areas in the process. A surgical fat transfer is cosmetic surgery to move fat from one part of the body to another. Although it's a relatively minor procedure, choosing to have it done is a big decision.
The purified fat can injected into any of the following areas:
- Buttocks, for improving volume and refining roundness and contour
- Hips, for enhancing an hourglass figure
- Face, for filling in wrinkles and restoring lost volume
- Penile girth enhancement
- Breasts or stomach, for smoothing out irregularities
- Other areas, such as depressed scars from prior trauma
Topic 1: Fat Transfer Consultation
If you are interested in improving the contour of your body with fat transfer, you’ll need to consult with our plastic surgeon to plan your procedure at Glojas Smart International.
Firstly, you will discuss your goals for surgery and determine whether these goals can be met with fat transfer surgery or another procedure. Our doctor will help you decide if fat transfer or another procedure will give you the results you’re looking for, as well as ensure you are a good candidate. Your fat transfer consultation is a valuable opportunity to get to know us and prepare for your procedure.
Topic 2: The Procedure
A fat transfer procedure can be carried out under local anaesthetic.
It involves 3 main stages:
- Removing the fat. Small incisions are made in the skin and a thin tube is used to suck out small amounts of fat (similar to liposuction).
- Preparing the fat. Special equipment is used to separate it from any blood and other fluids.
- Injecting the fat. A needle and syringe are used to inject small amounts of fat into the treatment area. The injections are given through tiny holes in the skin,
The procedure usually lasts a couple of hours. You may be able to go home soon after the procedure is finished, or you may need to stay in hospital overnight.
You should not feel much pain during the procedure, but you may have some for a few days or weeks afterwards. You’ll be given medications for faster healing process.
Topic 3: Recovery
The treated areas will probably be quite bruised and swollen for 1-2 weeks. During the recovery period, you are advised to eat a balanced healthy diet, drink a lot of water and no high intense exercises to be performed.
It can take up to 6 months for a surgical fat transfer to fully take effect, as some of the injected fat may be reabsorbed by your body during the first few months after the procedure.
Topic 4: Why choose us ?
Most importantly, because you should ONLY do surgery with an expert surgeon who is certified by the National Specialist Register (NSR). At GLOJAS, our surgeon is an expert and committed to deliver the best result to our patients in order for them to enhance their beauty and gain confidence.